Sunday, May 4, 2008

Homemade Black Coffee Jelly

My hubby and I are both coffee lovers. We can easily drink 2 to 3 cups each on week-ends and coffee is such a versatile ingredient used in desserts - cakes, ice-cream, jelly ......

I even tried using it as a potpurri in my wardrobe ... my clothes ended up having a faint coffee smell after a few days. I abandoned the idea after that ... haha!

Any way I decided to try my hand at dishing out a coffee jelly dessert - as if I have not had enough of cafine! I've not had this dessert for a long long time ... probably more than a year ago at Coffee Bean. I'm not even sure if it's still on their menu now.

It's so easy to put together and can be whiffed up within 15 minutes. Pair it off with a good vanilla ice-cream and you'll have an elegant dessert to serve up to your guests. I omitted adding the liquer.

Homemade Black Coffee Jelly
(serves 4)

Ingredients:

2 cups (500 ml) strong black coffee
1/4 cup sugar
4 tsp gelatine
1 tbsp rum or liqueur

Method:

1) Put the coffee, except for 2 tbsp and sugar into a saucepan, and heat until the sugar has dissolved. Cool.

2) Soften the gelatine in the reserved coffee in a small heatproof container.

3) Stand the container in a pan of hot water and stir until dissolved.

4) Add the rum or liqueur. Strain into a wetted mould and leave in fridge for 1-2 hours to set. When ready for serving, turn out on to a plate and decorate with whipped cream. Alternatively you can serve it with a good vanilla ice-cream.




1 comment:

Sophie said...

I'm Sophie, Key Ingredient's Chief Blogger. We would like to feature this recipe on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

Sophie

Related Posts with Thumbnails